Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why kill yourself?

The scale boycott continues, and I think for good reason.  Increasing my weight training and my protein intake obviously causes a sweet increase in muscle for me.  I know it is considered very difficult to put on muscle while leaning out, so I feel very fortunate cuz I believe this is exactly what’s going on…up 3 pounds (as of Tuesday, when I decided to boycott the scale) and yet my muscles are popping their heads out and my jeans are getting looser.  I’m sure weirder things have happened in this world, and I’ll take it. 
I was just reading one of Erin Stern’s blog entries from 2 weeks before she became 2010 Ms. Figure Olympia (p.s. loooove her), http://www.hardbody.com/news/category/hardbody-blogger/erin-stern/ and I love pretty much everything she wrote.  She said she felt like she looked like hair on a stick the year before because she conformed to what the ‘typical’ competitor does, which is circuit training and hours of cardio.  Looking at my pics from last year, I feel like I was a very slender/skinny version of what I want to be this year.  It’s a good reminder to keep myself doing what makes me feel like I look my best: lifting heavy, eating some carbs, and not killing myself with cardio.  If you have a pretty dang good metabolism going, why starve yourself and ruin it?  

Me in September, looking flat.                 Erin, in September at the Olympia, def NOT looking flat.

I also realized how much I LOVE when I can see what a competitor eats throughout the day.. so here’s what I ate yesterday:
1/3 c. oatmeal (sugar free flavored packet), 1 scoop of vanilla whey, ¼ cup canned pumpkin (all mixed together after the oatmeal cooks..sooo good)
Low carb wrap (La Tortilla Smart and Delicious brand), 1 T. pb
5 oz baked chicken, 1/3 yam, 1 c. steamed veggies
Apple
1 can tuna, veggies and spinach, fat free Italian dressing
Frozen cool whip w/ sugar free chocolate syrup, and a sugar free jello cup (these little treats keep me sane)
Low carb wrap, can of tuna, 4 egg whites, and fat free cheese
Whey (post-workout)
Protein pancake: 1 scoop casein, 3 egg whites, 1 T. pb, and sugar free syrup
Total:
1680 calories
33g fat
212g protein
134g carbs

This really is a pretty dang typical day.  Add in a sugar free rockstar, some coffee, and bottle after bottle of water with wyler’s light in it… and there ya go.  I’m also not cycling my carbs as much as I will be here in a few weeks.  Back to that why-kill-yourself motto.. J


p.s.  I’m not giving my abs an option of not showing up this time…just fyi. J 



Cardio is gonna keep workin on leaning those hips!
Blurry, but I like the quad sweep poking through. :)
Progress pics 9 1/2 weeks - taken 2/8

No comments:

Post a Comment